Posted: Apr 26, 2019
Carlisle won its own Wildcat Relays on April 25. The Wildcats picked-up their second consecutive win, matching their strong victory at Van Meter earlier in the week. Several events highlighted the afternoon of competition:
- Adelynn Ahartz (SR) broke the school record in the long jump on the final jump of her career at her home stadium. Her leap of 17 feet 3.5 inches surpassed the mark of Kaleigh Haus set in 2015. Ahartz also cleared a season's-best of five feet in the high jump.
- Meredith Hoffman (JR) threw a monster personal best in the discus of 112 feet 7 inches to get the victory.
- Tristine Viers (JR) snagged a third place in the 100 meter and 200 meter dashes in season best times.
- Megan Sievers (SR) won her final race in front of her home crowd, a personal best 400 meter dash of 62.98 seconds. She also cruised to victory alongside teammate Ainsley Erzen in the 3000 meter run.
- Ainsley Erzen (FR) ran a personal best in the 200 meter dash to get the win in a time of 26.35 seconds. She also grabbed a second-place finish in the 3000 meter run.
- Jocelyn Haack (SR) and Cam Mesecher (SR) went 1-2 in the 100 hurdles to close out their careers on their home track. Additionally, they helped lead the shuttle hurdle squad, which included Delaney Schnathorst (JR) and Morgan Lose (JR), to a victory in a season's best time.
Varsity Team Placing
- Carlisle - 141
- Bondurant Farrar – 97
- Grinnell – 96 & Norwalk - 96
- Creston – 84
- ADM – 76
- PCM – 57
- Winterset – 44
- Nevada – 39
- Knoxville – 5
- Saydel - 2