The Wildcats continued their outdoor season at the Hi Covey Co-Ed Relays in Ames April 9. The eight-team invitational is one of the top meets in the state with some of the best 4A teams from all over Iowa. The Wildcats held their own, despite being the only class 3A team in the field, finishing sixth overall. The following top-3 performances highlighted the scoring for the Wildcats:
- The 4x800 meter relay team of Jocelyn Haack (SR), Cam Mesecher (SR), Megan Sievers (SR) and Ainsley Erzen (FR) broke a 41 year-old school record with a time of 9:54.10 (old time was 9:54.27). The relay finished 2nd overall in the competition.
- The Distance Medley relay team of Tristine Viers (JR), Paige Mercer (SR), Megan Sievers (SR), and Ainsley Erzen (FR) ran the 2nd fastest time in school history of 4:22.97 to get the relay victory against a very strong field.
- The 4x400 meter relay team of Cam Mesecher (SR), Ainsley Erzen (FR), Jocelyn Haack (SR), and Megan Sievers (SR) ran their 2nd fastest time this season with a blazing time of 4:13.48 to finish 2nd in another very tough relay field.
- Tyra Tudor (FR) finished 3rd in the high jump with a new personal best by four inches with a leap of 4 feet 10 inches.
- Meredith Hoffman (JR) recorded another big mark in the discus of 102 feet 9 inches to finish in 3rd place in the competition.
Varsity Team Placing
- Southeast Polk – 163
- Cedar Falls – 143.5
- Ames - 139
- Ankeny – 118.5
- Valley, WDM - 71
- Carlisle - 54
- Waterloo west - 26
- Newton - 20
Full results of all events can be found at: https://www.vbmeets.com/Results/Results.aspx?IDMeet=g2019100402465285914820003f95c46