The Carlisle Girls Track and Field team started off their outdoor season with a 3rd place team finish at the Simpson Invitational. The field was loaded with very strong 4A teams. Dowling Catholic was the team champion with SE Polk also finishing ahead of the Wildcats. Several events highlighted the afternoon of competition:
- Adelynn Ahartz won the long jump with a leap of 16 feet 5 inches, nearly a foot longer than the runner-up.
- Ainsley Erzen won the 200 meter dash and also finished as the runner-up in the 400 meter dash. Her time of 58.96 qualified her for the Drake Relays by meeting the Blue Standard of 59.00. Her time in both events are the 2nd fastest in school history.
- Allyx Lee and Payton Kain had personal best nights in the throws. Lee narrowly missed a 31 foot throw by less than an inch in the shot put, while Kain threw nearly 80 feet in the discus. Also in the throws, Meredith Hoffman threw 94 feet in the discus to open her season
- Sydney Berg and Tyra Tudor had great nights in the high jump as they finished in a tie for 3rd.
- Megan Sievers had top 5 finishes in the 3000 meter run, 1500 meter run, and anchoring the distance medley relay.
- Jocelyn Haack and Cam Mesecher had great afternoons in the hurdles. They were top 5 in the 100 hurdles, 400 hurdles, and shuttle hurdle relay along with Delaney Schnathorst and Tristine Viers.
The girls team will compete next at ADM on Tuesday, April 2.
The official event scores are below:
Varsity Team Placing
- Dowling Catholic - 204
- SE Polk - 198
- Carlisle - 117
- Indianola - 116
- Norwalk - 49
- DM North - 21
Complete individual and relay results can be found at the following link: