Posted: Mar 17, 2018
The Carlisle girls track and field team opened its 2018 season over spring break, competing indoors at the Iowa State Classic and Central College Invite.
Iowa State Recap:
- Aricka Lambson (SR) rebounded from a fall in the hurdles to tie the school record in the 60 dash with a time of 8.49 to finish in 21st place. She now shares the record with Jocelyn Haack (JR). Haack was also in the race and finished in 28th in a time of 8.60 seconds, just off the record she set last spring. There were 146 runners in the 60 meter dash competition.
- Jocelyn Haack (JR) finished 4th in a field of 126 hurdlers in the 60 meter hurdles just off her lifetime best with a time of 9.71. Teammate Aricka Lambson (SR) was leading the event before a fall took her out of competition.
- Brooke Kruse (SR) finished 3rd out of 112 throwers in the shot put with a massive season opening throw of 38 feet 6.25 inches.
- Adelynn Ahartz (JR) leapt 14 feet 10.75 inches in the long jump to finish 18th out of 88.
Central College Recap:
- Josie Nordhagen (JR) and Tessa Orput (FR) finished 55th and 63rd in the 60 meter dash with times of 9.01 and 9.04. Both girls were competing in their first high school track competition.
- Aricka Lambson (SR) and Jocelyn Haack (JR) finished 1st and 7th in the 60 meter hurdles in a field of over 100 runners. Lambson broke her school record in the prelims before shattering it in the finals with a time of 9.35 seconds. Haack finished with a time of 9.85.
- Aricka Lambson (SR), Jocelyn Haack (JR), and Adelynn Ahartz (JR) finished 11th, 23rd, and 26th in the 200 meter dash with times of 28.21, 29.07, and 29.35.
- Megan Sievers (JR) won the 3000 meter run in a time of 11:32.03.
- Megan Sievers (JR) and Madi Hoekstra (SR) finished 4th and 6th in the 800 meter run in indoor personal best times of 2:29.28 and 2:30.20.
- Brooke Kruse (SR) finished 6th in the shot put with a throw of 37 feet, 10.75 inches.
- Adelynn Ahartz (JR) finished 9th in the high jump with a leap of 4 feet 10 inches.