The Carlisle girls track and field team won the Raccoon River Conference Championships for the first time in school history. The Wildcats scored an RRC meet record 174 points to finish 34 points ahead of runner-up ADM. Here are the some of the highlights from the afternoon of competition at Winterset:
- Adelynn Ahartz (SO) picked-up second place finishes in the high jump and the long jump with leaps of 4 feet 10 inches and 16 feet 6 inches.
- The sprint medley relay team of Rylee Richards (SR), Paige Mercer (SO), Marissa Reed (SR), and Madi Hoekstra (JR) finished 3rd in a time of 1:58.21.
- Megan Sievers (SO) came away victorious in both the 3000 and 1500 meter runs in times of 11:22.64 and 5:11.14.
- Brooke Kruse (JR) and Alexis Abreo (JR) finished 1st and 4th in the shot put with throws of 37 feet 7.5 inches and 30 feet 7.75 inches.
- Agatha Beier (SR) and Brooke Kruse (JR) finished 1st and 3rd in the discus with throws of 110 feet and 107 feet 1 inch.
- The shuttle hurdle relay team of Tristine Viers (FR), Jocelyn Haack (SO), Morgan Lose (FR), and Aricka Lambson (JR) finished second, just off of their school record time in 1:08.25.
- Taylor DuBois (SR) ran a lifetime best in the 100 to finish 2nd in 12.61.
- Taylor DuBois (SR) and Aricka Lambson (JR) ran lifetime bests in the 200 to finish 2nd and 3rd in times of 26.21 and 26.77.
- The 4x200 meter relay team of Paige Mercer (SO), Marissa Reed (SR), Agatha Beier (SR), and Taylor DuBois (SR) ran 1:51.90 to finish 1st.
- Aricka Lambson (JR) and Jocelyn Haack (SO) continued their dominance in the 100 hurdles as they finished 1st and 2nd in times of 15.12 and 15.67.
- Madi Hoekstra (JR) and Megan Sievers (SO) finished 3rd and 5th in the 800 in times of 2:29.30 and 2:31.79.
- Jocelyn Haack (SO) won the 400 hurdles in a lifetime best of 1:09.18.
- The 4x100 meter relay team of Rylee Richards (SR), Marissa Reed (SR), Agatha Beier (SR), and Taylor DuBois (SR) finished 3rd in 52.21.
- The 4x400 meter relay team of Cam Mesecher (SO), Abby Curtis (JR), Aricka Lambson (JR), and Jocelyn Haack (SO) finished 2nd in 4:13.84.
The team will return to the track May 11 at Norwalk for the state qualifying meet. The top two finishers in each event at the qualifying meet plus the next eight best performances in each event from around the state will qualify to compete at Drake Stadium at the state championships the following weekend.
1.Carlisle - 174
2.ADM - 140
2. Boone - 93
4. Winterset - 76
5. Carroll - 51
6. Ballard - 30
7. Perry - 17
8. Bondurant-Farrar - 8