Carlisle girls picked-up their third win in a row with a dominating victory over a strong 10-team field in the 2017 Wildcat Relays. The Cats scored in all 19 events to pull off the victory despite resting key contributors in preparation for the Drake Relays over the next two days. The community was able to honor seniors Agatha Beier, Taylor DuBois, Bailey Kurimski, Marissa Reed, Rylee Richards, and Summer Struve for their contributions to our program over the course of their careers. The highlight of the meet came when junior Brooke Kruse broke a 39-year old school record in the shot with her heave of 39 feet 2 inches. This marks the fourth school record set by the Wildcats this spring. Here are the remaining highlights that met our bronze, silver, or gold standards of performance:
- Taylor DuBois (SR) and Natalea Statler (FR) finished 1st and 3rd in the 100 meter dash in personal best times of 12.86 and 13.65.
- Marissa Reed (SR) and Agatha Beier (SR) finished 4th and 12th in the 200 meter dash in times of 28.00 and 28.98.
- • Cam Mesecher (SO) finished 5th in the 400 meter run in a time of 1:07.14.
- • Megan Sievers (SO) finished 2nd in the 800 meter run in a time of 2:31.13.
- Megan Sievers (SO) finished 1st in the 1500 meter run in a time of 5:12.58.
- Megan Sievers (SO) finished 1st in the 3000 meter run in a time of 11:40.44.
- Jocelyn Haack (SO) and Aricka Lambson (JR) finished 1st and 2nd in the 100 hurdles in personal best times of 15.32 and 15.36.
- Tristine Viers finished 4th in her first ever attempt at the 400 hurdles in a time of 1:12.85.
- Adelynn Ahartz (SO) and Taylor DuBois finished 1st and 4th in the long jump with leaps of 16 feet 8 inches and 15 feet 4.5 inches.
- Adelynn Ahartz (SO) finished 3rd in the high jump with a leap of 4 feet 8 inches.
- Brooke Kruse (JR) finished 1st in the Shot Put with a school record throw of 39 feet 2 inches.
- Agatha Beier (SR) and Brooke Kruse (JR) finished 1st and 6th in the discus with throws of 114 feet 2 inches and 100 feet 2 inches.
- 4x100 Meter Relay team of Jocelyn Haack (SO), Aricka Lambson (JR), Agatha Beier (SR), and Taylor DuBois (SR) finished 1st in a season's best of 51.63.
- 4x200 Meter Relay team of Rylee Richards (SR), Marissa Reed (SR), Agatha Beier (SR), and Paige Mercer (SO) finished 2nd in a time of 1:53.44.
- Sprint Medley Relay team of Rylee Richards (SR), Paige Mercer (SO), Marissa Reed (SR), and Cam Mesecher (SO) finished 3rd in a time of 2:00.13
- Distance Medley Relay team of Madi Hoekstra (JR), Kirstin Viers (JR), Meredith Hoffman (FR), and Megan Sievers (SO) finished 1st in a time of 4:37.71.
- Shuttle Hurdle Relay team of Bailey Kurimski (SR), Tristine Viers (FR), Cam Mesecher (SO), and Morgan Lose (FR) finish 4th with a time of 1:13.74.
1. Carlisle - 168
2. Creston - 131
3. Norwalk - 82.5
4. Grinnell - 81
5. Winterset - 64
6. Knoxville - 63.50
7. Nevada - 53
8. Saydel - 40
9. ADM - 29
10. Bondurant-Farrar- 27